The Vice Provost for Educational Initiatives is a newly created position at WashU, focused on supporting, convening and leading efforts that enhance the educational (curricular and co-curricular) experience for all of our students, with a particular focus on undergraduate students. The Vice Provost will work closely with the school deans, associate deans for undergraduate education, vice chancellor for student affairs, vice provost for admissions and financial aid, faculty, staff and student groups on a range of issues from enhancing student learning, deepening the student research experience, assessing educational programs and innovative initiatives, and partnering with other offices to strengthen educational approaches to meet the needs of a diverse student body. The Vice Provost will prioritize evidence-based approaches to learning as well as innovative uses of educational technologies and enhancements in digital learning.
The Vice Provost for Educational Initiatives will have primary responsibility for several functional and programmatic areas that impact the educational experience of all students.
The Vice-Provost for Educational Initiatives reports to the Provost.
Tenured full professors with prior administrative experience are preferred.
- Promote diversity, equity and inclusiveness in the educational activities across the University, consistent with our educational mission.
- Support the enhancement of the quality, programming and educational innovations in all undergraduate educational programs at Washington University with an initial focus on UG STEM courses and gateway courses.
- Convene leadership in undergraduate educational offices to define, develop and implement the University’s strategic approach to strengthening the undergraduate learning and research experience.
- Serve as a key leader at the University in bringing rigorous evidence-based approaches to assessing learning for the diverse student body at WashU.
- Lead a coordinated strategy for online and digital learning for the undergraduate programs.
- Support the University’s strategic planning process in areas that impact the undergraduate educational (curricular and co-curricular) experience.
- Manage accreditation process and assessment procedures for the Danforth campus.
Please send a letter of interest and a current curriculum vitae to Lisa Siddens at email@example.com no later than Monday, June 15th. All letters of interest will be treated in a fully confidential manner. An administrative team will review all files and will conduct a confidential process to select the Vice Provost.