Washington University in St. Louis seeks nominations for and expressions of interest in the position of Vice Provost and University Librarian. Reporting to the Provost, the University Librarian will be expected to expand the reach and access to print and digital collections and programming in support of research, teaching, and learning; foster internal and external partnerships and collaborations; collaborate with the communities of scholars on and off campus; recruit and nurture a diverse, professional staff; and garner and manage resources toward strategic goals.
The committee will be chaired by Doug Dowd, professor of art at the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts and of American culture studies in Arts & Sciences, and faculty director of the D.B. Dowd Modern Graphic History Library; and staffed by Lisa Siddens, assistant provost for strategic projects & appointments. In addition to Dowd, other committee members include:
- Marleigh Anderson, graduate student studying classics, Arts & Sciences;
- Jennifer Arch, senior lecturer in English, Arts & Sciences;
- Jeff Catalano, professor of earth and planetary sciences, Arts & Sciences;
- Elizabeth Childs, the Etta & Mark Steinberg Professor of Art History, Arts & Sciences, and a member of the Faculty Library Council;
- Rudolph Clay, head of library diversity initiatives and outreach services and African and African American studies librarian;
- Anne Desloge, member of the University Libraries National Council;
- Deborah Ehrstein, head of access services at Olin Library;
- Joseph Jez, the Spencer T. Olin Professor of Biology, Arts & Sciences;
- Marvin Marcus, chair of East Asian languages and cultures and professor of Japanese language and literature, Arts & Sciences, and member of the Faculty Library Council; and
- Kathleen McDermott, professor of psychological and brain sciences, Arts & Sciences, professor of radiology, School of Medicine, and member of the Faculty Library Council.
If you would like to recommend a candidate or if you are personally interested in learning more about this role, please contact Park Square Executive Search at email@example.com.